The Group produces barrel covers and drum barrels, 2 core components that comprise the spring barrel, a watch’s energy module.
The Group can develop turnkey barrels: a complete barrel, assembled and tested to suit the customer’s needs, special requirements and quality criteria, and in line with the joint technical specifications.
The Group offers a range of five complete generic barrels which are compatible with the calibres most often required by after-sales departments around the world, in the following considerations:
- automatic or manual springs;
- two types of teeth, in accordance with the main standards in current use.
In addition to the above, the Group is able to provide:
- cutting of the drum, cover and barrel arbours;
- Supply spring fitted barrel drum with arbour (for complete spring barrel).
A watch’s energy module (complete spring barrel) generally consists of the following pieces:
- The barrel cover which is used as a closure along with the drum barrel, in which the contents of the barrel spring are located
- The arbour, on which is fixed the spring barrel
- The barrel spring, which enables the conservation of energy when it is stretched and to release it when it is unwinding. Most of the time it is made of a metal ribbon made of steel wound inside a wheel
- The drum barrel is what enables the transmission of energy to the wheel when the barrel spring unwinds itself